10.08.2006

Dish Network Fails Me

For some reason Dish Network in the Salt Lake City area does not provide ABC HD. I have written them various emails asking them why and if there were any plans to add it to the channel lineup. All I got were different forms of "I dunna know." So, in my last letter, I told them that I planned to switch to DirecTV if I didn't get a good answer. The same lame response came back. So now I am getting DirecTV installed next Friday. Finally, Lost and the best college football games in HD! I am even eating the early cancellation fee from Dish Network because I want those programs in HD. I will keep you posted on which satellite service I consider to be better. I'll rate them on picture, interface, DVR, HD selection, and equipment reliability. DirecTV currently has the better monthly price for the basic channel and HD package. Both of them charge $199.00 for the HD/DVR receiver. Hopefully DirecTV will turn out to be better on the other categories...but even if it doesn't, at least I'll be watching Lost and college football in sparkling HD.

No comments: