10.15.2006

Lost S3E2

Now that the site has been redone and reposted, let's get down to business.

Another great episode. I've not usually a fan of Sun and Jin flashback episodes. That being said, I actually liked the flashbacks in this epsiode better than the first episode of the season. Maybe I just don't like the episodes that feature the dark side of the characters I like. I like Jack and think Sun is passable. So, it's ok that Sun has a dark side but not so ok that Jack has one. Or maybe I'm overanalyzing this whole thing. Anyway, I like the episode. I thought Sawyer analyzing his captors and trying to figure out their weaknesses was right in line with his character. He is no doubt trying to figure out a way to con them. I saw a post on the The Fuselage where the person posting thought that Kate had turned a little wussy recently. I agree with that. Where is the bravado she showed early on in the series. Maybe she's breaking from all the stress. I like the Red Sox cameo and the effect it had on Jack. Every Sox fan was stunned by the victory and the dramatic fashion of it, but to have it be the first tv you have watched in 66 days, or better yet, the first contact you had with the outside world for 66 days, it would be absolutely stunning. Now hopefully Jack will pretend to be a pawn in the Other's plans and then betray them in order to be the one who "fixes" the situation with the other castaways. I am interested to see the effect that Sun shooting the new other has on her standing with them. I want to see how Sayid reacts to the failure of his plan, I can't wait to see Hurley again and just see how he handles the whole ordeal, and most of all, I am excited to see what happened with Locke, Desmond, and Eko. They are such a great part of the show, it was hard to go 2 episodes without them.

No comments: