10.04.2006

Lost Season 3 Begins Tonight

Finally, the long awaited premiere of Lost season 3. All the early indications are that it is amazing and one of the best episodes yet. The fun begins at 9et. Saw the pilot of Friday Night Lights and it was some good tv. The only problem is that I don't know if I am interested enough to continue following the show. So far it has used some stock sport movie cliches such as the star quarterback getting injured and the humble overmatched backup coming in to save the day. Heck, that was one of the main storylines of Varsity Blues. Which, by the way, is a great movie and gets a hearty recommendation from me. On one hand, it will be interesting to see what happens to these West Texas kids during the course of their season and how they deal with the life changing events that have already happened. On the other hand, I can get a fair amount of drama from just watching professional and college sports and all the wonderful media hoopla that comes with them. However, if the characters keep developing and make me really care about what happens in their personal and football lives then the show will have me hooked. I will give it 3-4 episodes to show me what it's got. If it doesn't show me enough then I'm dumping it from the Tivo season pass.

No comments: